In this episode, Natalie chats with Emily Hutchins, who is a Certified Personal Trainer, NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist & Corrective Exercise Specialist, Nike Master Trainer, Nike Run Coach and owner of On Your Mark Studios in Chicago.
In this episode, Natalie and Emily discuss:
- Emily's career journey and how she ended up opening On Your Mark Studios
- The importance of both strength and mobility training for performance
- How often should you incorporate strength training into your routine when you're training for a marathon
- Good resources for those who can't afford to work with a personal trainer but who would like to learn more about strength training to avoid injury
- Counseling athletes to recover and whether to focus on complete rest or recovery exercises
- How Emily responds when clients ask her about nutrition
Follow Emily on IG at @em.hutchins or visit her website
And don't forget to follow @greenletes and visit www.greenletes.com
We appreciate your feedback!! Submit questions and recommendations for future episodes to email@example.comWell Balanced: A podcast from Balance, Google's App of the Year
Each week, expert meditation coaches share practical tips for a healthier, happier life.
Listen on: Apple Podcasts Spotify The Sports Physical Therapy Podcast
Weekly interviews with leading experts sharing their research, experience, and advice.
Listen on: Apple Podcasts Spotify