The State Of The Plate: Why Americans Aren't Eating Enough Fruits & Vegetables-- with Wendy Reinhardt Kapsak, MS, RDN
June 04, 2021
In this episode, Natalie chats with President and CEO of the Produce for Better Health (PBH) Foundation, Wendy Reinhardt Kapsak. PBH is a non-profit organization committed to transforming how people think about and enjoy fruits and vegetables. This episode focuses on a new report called State Of The Plate, which details that Americans are severely under consuming fruits and veggies.
Natalie and Wendy discuss:
- the long term health implications of Americans under consuming fruits and veggies
- why people are under consuming fruits and vegetables, even when they know the beneficial
- Is this a global problem, or America specific?
- why we are seeing a decline in produce consumption if motivation is high
- budget friendly ways people can increase fruit and vegetable consumption?
- how the pandemic changed peoples’ consumption of fruits and vegetables?
Follow Produce for Better Health @fruitsandveggies or visit their website.
And don’t forget to follow @greenletes and visit www.greenletes.com
We appreciate your feedback!! Submit questions and recommendations for future episodes to [email protected]