Is Protein Overhyped For Plant-Based Eaters?
April 16, 2021
Natalie Rizzo, MS, RD
In this episode, Natalie talks about all things protein! She starts with an intro about protein and the constant confusion she sees regarding this macronutrients. Then she gives you the low-down on all things protein, including:
- what's the general recommendation for protein and how does this differ for athletes?
- should you actually follow these recommendations?
- the timing of the "recovery window" and the importance of spreading protein intake throughout the day
- why protein is crucial for appetite control
- do plant-based eaters get enough protein?
- are plant-based proteins absorbed as well as animal proteins?
- plant-based protein sources and how they stack up to animal proteins
4- Week Plant-Based Athlete Roadmap
Follow Natalie @greenletes and visit www.greenletes.com
We appreciate your feedback!! Submit questions and recommendations for future episodes to [email protected]