Nutrition for NFL Players: Fueling & Recovery, Fad Diet, Supplements & Weigh-Ins--with Pratik Patel MS, RD, CSCS, CSSD
April 13, 2021
Natalie Rizzo, MS, RD
In this episode, Natalie chats with Pratik Patel, a Registered Dietitian who has experience working with collegiate and pro athletes. Most recently, he was the Assistant Coach with the New York Giants as the Director of Performance Nutrition and Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach.
- His journey in the field of nutrition and how he ended up working with the NY Giants
- What it is like working with high-level athletes and whether or not they listen to his nutrition advice
- How different positions have different nutrition plans
- Nutrition trends and misconceptions among pro athletes
- How creatine and BCAA supplements can aid performance
- How diet trends, such as going vegan, are popular among pro athletes and his thoughts on these trends
- Difference between on- and off-season nutrition
Follow Pratik on Twitter and Instagram!
And follow Natalie @greenletes or visit www.greenletes.com
We appreciate your feedback!! Submit questions and recommendations for future episodes to firstname.lastname@example.org