Should athletes monitor their blood sugar during exercise?-- with Erin Palinski-Wade RD, CDE, LDN, CPT
December 13, 2022
Natalie Rizzo, MS, RD
Natalie speaks with Registered Dietitian and Diabetes expert Erin Palinski-Wade to get to the bottom of blood sugar for athletes. They discuss:
- Why athletes are wearing continuous glucose monitors and whether or not they are recommended for all athletes
- Do spikes in blood glucose do any long-term damage to the body?
- Is your insulin sensitivity heightened during the anabolic window, and does this help with muscle building?
- What is the glycemic index and why do people talk about it so much?
- If someone doesn’t have Diabetes, should they care about the glycemic index?
Follow Erin @erinpalinskiwade
Join the Greenletes Facebook Group
📕: Planted Performance