Ultra-Marathon Nutrition- How To Avoid The Bonk, with Julie Shobe, RD
August 10, 2022
Natalie Rizzo, MS, RD
Julie Shobe is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and ultra runner. She helps ultra runners learn how to improve their fueling before, during, and after running so they can dial in their nutrition during training and ultimately race faster. In this episode, we chat about:
- How ultra nutrition is different from marathon nutrition
- Whether or not she recommends that ultra-marathoners track calories
- How many grams of carbs should someone eat per hour while running for hours on end
- How to fuel during an ultra--should you use sports products or whole foods or a mix of both?
- How to incorporate protein and fat into fueling
- Can ultra runners adapt to use fat as fuel?
- Ultra-marathon hydration needs and how to meet them
- How will someone know if they are eating too much or too little
You can find Julie on Instagram @ultra.runner.nutrition or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie's course is located here!
Connect with Natalie @greenletes or visit www.greenletes.com
Join the Greenletes Facebook Group
📕: Planted Performance