How Women Runners Differ From Men & What They Need To Know About Marathon Training-- with Ali Nolan
July 19, 2022
Natalie Rizzo, MS, RD
Welcome to the Marathon episode! Today's guest is Ali Nolan, the author of Master the Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide for Women. She writes for Runner's World, Women's Running, Livestrong, and Self and works as an audience producer for This is Alabama. She's run three marathons and countless other races. We chat about:
- How female runners differ from male runners. What do they need to think about when tackling a marathon?
- What’s the first thing someone should do if they are considering running a marathon for the first time?
- Why you need an intrinsic goal to stay motivated during marathon training
- How to tell if you're a beginner, intermediate or advanced runner
- What else goes into marathon training besides the actual physical training
- The biggest training mistake among marathon runners
Follow Ali at @alialinol
Follow Natalie @greenletes and visit www.greenletes.com
Join the Greenletes Facebook Group
📕: Planted Performance