A Plant-Forward Chef Shares Creative Ways To Spice Up Your Cooking, with Jackie Newgent, RDN
July 12, 2022
Natalie Rizzo, MS, RD
Jackie Newgent, RDN, CDN, is a plant-forward registered dietitian nutritionist, classically-trained chef, award-winning cookbook author, professional recipe developer, media personality, spokesperson, and food writer. She’s the author of five cookbooks, including her newest, The Clean & Simple Diabetes Cookbook. She is a private plant-based cooking coach and a former healthy cooking instructor at the Institute of Culinary Education. We chatted about:
- Her definition of "plant forward"
- Her journey to becoming a chef
- Whether or not it's difficult to develop a well-balanced meal without animal products
- Jackie's favorite plant-based proteins
- Alternatives for dairy and eggs
- Creative ways to use plants for anyone who is stuck in a cooking rut
- Tips for those who find cooking intimidating to help them get started in the kitchen
- How to serve a plant-based meal that meat eaters will enjoy
Follow Jackie and visit her website.
Follow me @greenletes and visit www.greenletes.com
Join the Greenletes Facebook Group
📕: Planted Performance