How Athletes Can Navigate Digestive Issues-- with Alyssa Lavy, MS, RD, CDN
June 28, 2022
Natalie Rizzo, MS, RD
Alyssa Lavy, MS, RD, CDN is a registered dietitian, who focuses on digestive health, using her foodie-first approach. In this episode, we chat about everything you've ever wanted to know about GI issues, including:
- Common GI issues among athletes
- What’s the difference between IBS and IBD?
- How can someone tell if they have a sensitive stomach or a condition, like IBS?
- What are the most common culprits of runner’s trots?
- the low FODMAP diet and its implications for athletes
- Why plant-based proteins may make you bloated and what you can do to banish the bloat
- If someone has IBS, can they still try to use sports supplements, like sports drinks, gummies and gels?
Learn more about Alyssa and follow her @alyssalavyrd
Trust Your Gut Course
And follow Natalie @greenletes or www.greenletes.com
Join the Greenletes Facebook Group
📕: Planted Performance