Nutrition For The College Athlete-- with Mary Ellen Kelly, MS, RD, CSSD
May 11, 2021
Natalie Rizzo, MS, RD
In this episode, Natalie chats with Mary Ellen Kelly, a Sports Dietitian who has worked with professional and collegiate athletes. Mary Ellen was the Miami Dolphins’ full time Sports RD from November 2014 through March 2018 and was the head Sports RD at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill from 2011-14.
In this episode, we chat about:
- whether or not there are different nutrition recommendations for a sprinting versus endurance sport?
- Top tips for reducing inflammation in athletes
- how alcohol affects athletic performance
- how to approach eating well for sport when you’re not preparing the meal or eating on-the-go
- her thoughts on plant-based eating among competitive athletes?
- Protein powders and protein shakes and whether or not they are beneficial for athletes
- Info for aspiring dietitians who want to get into sports dietetics
More info on the SNIP Immersion Program
And don’t forget to follow @greenletes and visit www.greenletes.com
We appreciate your feedback!! Submit questions and recommendations for future episodes to firstname.lastname@example.org