Top Sports Nutrition Myths & Misconceptions-- with Angie Asche, MS, RDN, CSSD
May 04, 2021
Natalie Rizzo, MS, RD
Angie Asche is a board-certified specialist in sports dietetics and a certified clinical exercise physiologist, as well as the owner Eleat Sports Nutrition. She works with high school, college, and professional athletes nationwide. She is also the author of the book Fuel Your Body, which will be released May 11th. In this episode, Natalie and Angie chat through common fad diets that pop up among athletes, as well as top sports nutrition myths and misconceptions like:
- Lower body fat always equals an improvement in performance.
- Your body can only absorb 20-30 grams of protein per meal.
- Endurance athletes have lower protein needs than strength athletes.
- Coconut water is more hydrating than a sports drink.
- If you’re craving a certain food, your body needs those nutrients.
Follow Angie on IG @eleatnutrition and visit her website www.eleatnutrition.com
Pre-order her book (affiliate link): Fuel Your Body
And don’t forget to follow @greenletes and visit www.greenletes.com
We appreciate your feedback!! Submit questions and recommendations for future episodes to [email protected]