How Nutrition & Fitness Affect Your Fertility-- with Liz Shaw MS, RDN, CPT
April 20, 2021
Natalie Rizzo, MS, RD
In this episode, we recognize National Infertility Awareness Week and chat with Registered Dietitian and fertility expert Liz Shaw. After sharing her own struggles with fertility, Liz answers questions about nutrition and fitness and how they impact fertility. Natalie and Liz discuss:
- Why infertility isn't always talked about
- Whether or not it's actually possible to “increase fertility” with food or exercise
- Does being vegan or vegetarian or restricting food groups impact fertility?
- Does running have an impact on fertility?
- Misconceptions around fertility or IVF
- Are there any special dietary considerations for someone going through IVF?
- Nutrition considerations for someone going through an egg retrieval
- Whether or not pineapple can make you more fertile
We appreciate your feedback!! Submit questions and recommendations for future episodes to firstname.lastname@example.org